Monday, March 21, 2011

Ultimate Beauty Secrets

InStyle Ultimate Beauty Secrets
a
a
Richard bought me this book.  Now before you start to visualize anything, he didn't actually go to the beauty and make-up section of Kinokuniya to buy this.  I wanted to buy this and the Bobbi Brown Make Up Manual but I only had enough money for one so he paid for this.  Heehee!  He spoils me like that :)
a
a
Anyway, enough with the cheese...
a
a
I love how this book is a compilation of beauty tips.  Ang mahal kasi ng InStyle magazine dito (Thb400-500/Php560).  I don't want to buy because I get really guilty so I make tiis by buying the Thai version (Thb90/Php126).  I don't understand a thing in the magazine -- only brand names and prices are in English so I just look at photos.  Pwde na rin to satisfy my cravings.
a
a
Sabi ng editor in her foreword, "The tips are timeless and cover every skin type, tone, issue and every beauty personality, so be sure to pass them on to friends and family."  Allow me to share with you some of my favorite beauty tips :)
a
a
  • Clean your cellphone with antibacterial wipes to prevent chin and cheek breakouts.  Ideally, you should do it every morning, but if that's too much, aim for once a week.
  • Moisturize within two to three minutes of showering to keep water from evaporating off your skin.
  • To reduce puffiness and rev up circulation before you put on your makeup, massage moisturizer into your face and neck for at least five minutes.  A relaxed face with softer lines makes a smoother foundation for makeup, plus you'll get an instant healthy glow.
  • Always sharpen a pencil to remove any bacteria before lining eyes.
  • For a smoky eye in a flash, just use eyeliner.  Rim lids with a black pencil, making the line quite heavy; then wipe it off.  You're left with a sexy wash of color. - I tried this last Saturday and it was the quickest smoky eye ever!
  • Turn any lipstick into a durable stain by blotting, reapplying, then blotting again to remove excess oils. - I do this with my lipstick all the time and it really makes your lipstick last longer!
Hope these tips will help you stay fab and beautiful.  Have a great week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment