Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Make-up ala Penelope Cruz

Before anything, I just want to say two things: #1 I'm no make-up expert.  I'm still learning the ropes via make-up blogs and YouTube.  And most of the time, I'm just practicing and experimenting so I sometimes wear make-up even if I'm at home.  
a
a
Which leads us to #2 I wear make-up even if I'm at home because sayang naman the stuff that I bought if I don't use them.  I'd rather use my make-up like that than to just let them gather dust on my dresser.  And also, I want to look good when my husband comes home from work.  After a long day in the office, the last thing he wants to see is an ugly hag right?  So even if I gained more than 20 lbs. since our wedding, I want to look pretty kahit papano.  I want to be presentable when I open the door for my husband.  That way, I remind him (I'd like to think I do!) that all the hardwork is worth it.  Haha!  And I hope that it gives him something to look forward to after a long, tiring day at the office.
a
a
That said, let's talk make-up.  In my previous post, I mentioned that I was able to save a lot of time dressing up with my simple outfit so I had more time for make-up.  Well, this was what I had on:
a
a
My face, which was inspired by this:
a
a
Penelope Cruz for Mango.
a
a
Indulge me here for a bit.  Wala lang kasi akong magawa.  Haha!  And forget the fact that Penelope Cruz IS Penelope Cruz and I'm like, twice her size but I think my make-up is close enough, right?
a
a
Kilay: check! I used my Bobbi Brown brow pencil in Mahogany + clear brow gel.
Nude shadow: check.  I used my Clinique Totally Neutral eyeshadow trio.
Eye liner: check.  Pero mas ok pala kung mas makapal.  I used Maybelline.
False lashes: wala!  Hindi ko keri!  But I used two coats of Bobbi Brown Party Extreme mascara after curling them with my Shu Uemura curler.
Subtle blush: check.  I used NARS Orgasm.
Nude lips: check na check!  Pero mas light yung kay mareng Penelope.  For my lips, I used NARS Bangkok and MAC lipliner in Whirl.
a
a
It's not exactly like Penelope's but for a newbie like me, I think I did an OK job.  Again, I'm not an expert that's why I need more practice.  Lots and lots of practice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment