Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Every Housewife Needs

It's not the latest state-of-the-art kitchen gadget and it's not a top-of-the-line household appliance either.  It's something that's real simple and super cheap (compared to those two mentioned).
a
a
A manicure and a pedicure.
a
a
Surprised?
a
a
For me, a simple manicure can make my hands look fabulous with all the dishwashing, chopping, slicing, cleaning and cooking that I do at home.
a
a
Same goes with a pedicure.  I don't have pretty feet to begin with, but my feet get abused too: walking to my daughter's school, grocery shopping, standing up in the kitchen for hours while preparing our meals, etc.  Plus, I'm usually too tired at the end of the day that I don't have time to properly moisturize my feet.  So they end up looking more, um, unattractive.
a
a
So a mani/pedi really is a treat for hardworking mommies/housewives like me. Lalo na in my case because salon treatments here in Bangkok are more expensive than back home so I don't get them as often as I want.  Pinag-iipunan talaga so it's definitely worth it when I do get them.
a
a

I really love how my hands and feet are instantly transformed with a mani/pedi!  They look so nice and clean, making me look fab so I feel fab as well :)  I feel like I can do anything in the kitchen with a nice manicure.  Feeling ko I'm a rich wife who cooks in designer clothes with designer heels.  Haha!  Pero feeling lang kasi ang totoo, I'm just a regular wife who cooks in non-designer clothes and chinelas.  But that's the power of a manicure for me.
a
a
But really, I think we all need at least one day -- o, sige na nga, at least HALF a day for ourselves.  You know, to get a mani/pedi, a massage, a facial or anything that will make you relax and look beautiful so you will feel beautiful. So if you're a husband/son/daughter who's looking for a nice gift for your wife/mom, treat her to a day at the salon.  She deserves it and she will love it for sure!
a
a
P.S no matter what the trend is, my go-to nail color is red -- the color of power, strength and love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment