Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Top 10 Essentials

Just want to share something that I read on the internet...
a
a
According to ELLE fashion director/Project Runway judge, Nina Garcia,  the top 10 essential items in a woman's wardrobe are:
a
a

  • The Little Black Dress (LBD)
  • A classic men's white shirt
  • Cashmere cardigan or turtleneck
  • Trench coat
  • Denim
  • A man's classic watch
  • Diamonds
  • Ballet flats
  • A classic high heel pump
  • A great bag
  • Bonus: a dramatic piece, like a cocktail ring
a
a
Even if it's a short list, ordinary mortals like me do not have all ten.  Either we cannot afford it (diamonds + cashmere) or we cannot wear it here in the tropics (trench coat).  So, here's my more realistic and more affordable approach on the top 10 essentials list.
a
a
LBD + cardigan:
a
a
LBD: export overruns shop at the lunch market @ Thb100 only! (Php140).  Cardigan: Zara (not cashmere, but I always choose ones that have a nice luxurious finish).
a
a
LBD + classic high heel pump:
a
a
LBD: Platinum Mall
Nude pumps: Central Department store (got it on sale @ Thb399 from original price Thb1,500)
a
a
LBD: same one from the lunch market
Cardigan: Kashieca
a
a
Classic men's white shirt:
a
a
Richard's Calvin Klein.
a
a
Trench coat - you can't really wear a trench coat here in the tropics!  But I think a black jacket or blazer will do just fine.
a
a
a
Black jacket: AIIZ 
a
a
Denim:
a
a
Jeans: Gap
a
a
Man's classic watch + cocktail ring:
a
a
Watch: Baume & Mercier
Cocktail ring: Diva
a
a
Diamonds -- I don't have diamonds, but I have pearls.  They're more affordable, yet a classic piece of jewelry.
a
a
a
a
a
a
A great bag -- oh, boy!  That's a tough decision because it's like choosing which among your children is your favorite.  I love them all!  But, I have to choose only one for photo purposes so I'm not playing favorites.  Heehee!
a
a
My Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30 because I can wear it with jeans, shorts and dresses.  It can go from casual to dressy.
a
a
Bonus: a dramatic piece, like a cocktail ring:
a
a
Ring: Diva
a
a
Even if I can't afford jewelry just yet, I'm very lucky that I can borrow my lola Nene's or my mom's like my lola's big-a** ring, which I can only wear on special occasions + mom's pearl necklace.
a
a
Lola's other ring, which also my favorite.  It's an oval ring filled with small diamonds set on gold.  Sorry I don't have a bigger photo of the ring but it looks a bit like Bella Swan's engagement ring.  Just google Bella twilight engagement ring :)
a
a
Another dramatic piece that you can have in your wardrobe is a statement necklace.  It's not exactly jewelry, but it's dramatic nonetheless.  And cheaper too!
a
a
a
a
All necklaces were made by KIMV :)
a
a
If you notice, there's only one item on the list that I failed to mention: a pair of ballet flats.  That's because I don't have one :(  Sure I have flats but not ballet.  I don't really have "normal" shoes, because I try to be more adventurous when it comes to footwear.  Since I usually wear plain white or black or gray, I want my shoes to be more interesting in terms of color, design...but this year, I want to include more classic pieces in my shoe closet and a pair of ballet flats will be top of the list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment