Tuesday, February 15, 2011

That Rosy Glow

Let's face it: I wasn't born with fabulous skin.  That's why I need a little help from my friends over at NARS and Benefit to get that rosy glow.
a
a
THE NARS Orgasm blush.  
This pinky-peach shade has a cult-following and is used by celebs like J.Lo and Victoria Beckham. Image from Bella Sugar.
a
a

Benetint Lip and cheek stain.  A cult fave too!  Image from Total Beauty.
a
a
Before I buy my make-up, I do a little bit of research first.  I like to read about reviews and comments from actual users and I tend to lean towards those labeled as "cult favorite", "award-winning" and "must-have".  I'm a sucker for those terms but in the end, I still go with my gut.  I just cross my fingers and hope for the best -- more like hope I didn't waste my money because make-up is not exactly cheap!  
a
a
Without blush, I look puyat and may sakit.  Just plain blah.  If I want to look human, I have to put on a little blush to make me look alive.  Haha!
a
a
With my NARS Orgasm blush during Richard's cousin's wedding in La Union in 2009. 
a
a
Several hours later with the newlyweds at the reception, with the glow still on.
a
a
AC Christmas Party in 2009.  I was nursing a cold during that day but thanks to my Body Shop lip and cheek tint layered with NARS Orgasm, I managed to look decent.
a
a
Hong Kong, March 2010.  Hindi halata ang pagod at puyat, thanks to NARS.
a
a
A more natural glow using Benetint lip and cheek tint.
a
a
I've been using my NARS Orgasm blush for more than a year now and parang hindi sya nababawasan so super sulit.  Plus, what I also love about it is you can go from a subtle parang-nahihiya-lang blush, to a more intense just-got-off-the-treadmill blush, depending on how much you put on.  My Benetint lip and cheek stain, on the other hand, has been with me for only a few months.
a
a
I depend on my blush to get that rosy glow because it's that or 30 minutes the treadmill.  Y'all know I don't like doing things the hard way.  Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment