Thursday, February 10, 2011

How Do They Do It?

On my way back to the apartment this morning, I saw my neighbor at the lobby.  We don't really know each other personally, but we went to the candle making class together a few weeks back.  She's old enough to be my grandmother but she looks great for her age.  I think that's what they call "aging gracefully".  Anyway, she's always dressed in a donya kind of way -- a colorful caftan paired with a couple of bangles, sandals...very resort chic...you get the picture. Her hair, although a short blond bob, was very neat and the make up!  She had full make-up on at 7:30 in the morning!
a
a
How does she do it?
a
a
In Aly's school, there are two moms that I also admire: a Caucasian mom who always looks so pulled together everytime she brings her son to school -- wrap dresses paired with Hermes Birkins and Kellys (she wears a different one everytime I see her!).  She looks so perfectly polished even in her gym clothes!  I've never seen anyone look so chic in a shirt, leggings and rubber shoes.  Parang nakaka-gana tuloy mag-gym because of her -- NOT!  And her gym bag: a Louis Vuitton Damier Geant canvas.  Pang-gym lang ang LV nya.  Sushal talaga!
a
a
The other mommy is more trendy.  The Japanese mom who looks fabulous even in a Hello Kitty tshirt, boyfriend jeans, sandals, oversized shades and the occasional Hermes Kelly.  But I like her Louis Vuitton Vernis Roxbury more.  She wears it with anything and she still looks fab.  She would sometimes pair her denim shorts with a simple shirt, sandals and a stunning silk wrap -- so very Japanese meets Hollywood celebrity.  
a
a
Mind you, she has two girls so I really wonder how she finds time to prepare in the morning.  I only have one and I barely have time to wash my face and brush my teeth.  And I just grab the first thing I see in my closet.  I don't really have time to choose or else Aly will be late.  She doesn't want to be late (mana sa daddy). If I had to put make-up on and choose my outfit for the day, mga 9am na makakarating si Aly sa school.  Bumabawi na lang ako sa hapon pagsundo.  Hahaha!
a
a
I envy those women who look really good so early in the morning.  How do they do it?  What time do they wake up?  Do they even have time to eat breakfast?  
a
a
Naliligo naman ako sa gabi bago matulog.  Todo-spray pa ng cologne.  I spend like 15-30 minutes every night for my evening ritual: brush my teeth, floss, quick shower, moisturize, put on face cream, eye cream, spot-clearing serum for my zits, moisturize my hands and feet again...nakakapagod!  Naiinip madalas si Richard because he has to wait for me to finish before he can use the bathroom.  Kaya minsan inuunahan na nya ko to use the bathroom.  Haha!
a
a
But I still look less stellar compared to those women.  Pero ok lang, sigurado naman na mas magaling akong magluto kesa sa kanila.  Haha!  Bitter Ocampo.  
a
a
Seriously, those women have inspired me to try to look better.  Buti pa si lola, umaga pa lang fabulosa na.  If they can do it, then I -- we most certainly can!  We may not look as fabulous (mahirap tapatan ang mga Hermes), but we surely can look and feel fab in our own little way.  Konting tiis lang.  Mahirap talaga magpaganda :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris!
    you are so cute!

    Just so you know the same way you admire those women. I am out here admiring you and thinking "how you do it?" apir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fids! Ano ka ba? Thank you!!

    You inspire me too!

    ReplyDelete