Friday, January 21, 2011

The Fat Dress

I lost five kilos in the last six months or so, but the weight that I lost is slowly creeping back in.  I gained two kilos from the holidays.  Yikes!  But I'm not too surprised.  I knew I had it coming.  Besides, who loses weight during the holidays?  No one!!
a
a
While I'm psyching myself to get into another diet or exercise routine (still no success as of this day!), I turn to my fat dress on days when I want to look slimmer.  The fat dress doesn't make you look fat!  No!  It actually makes you look slimmer.  I just call it the fat dress because it's the dress that I turn to on days when I really feel fat, bloated, and ugh all over.  I'm sure all the ladies out there have at least one item in their closet that magically makes the pounds go away with no diet or exercise.  For me, this dress is one of them -- yeah, I have quite a few because I have a lot of pounds to hide.  Haha!  
a
a
Black asymmetrical dress with sleeves: Platinum Mall
Shades (a Christmas gift from Richard when we were still dating): Mango
 Beaded necklace: Platinum Mall
Watch (a gift from my dad), Baume & Mercier
My black Fitflops Elektra.
a
a
Why do I love this dress?  Let me count the ways: #1 It's loose around the tummy so it hides my bulges; #2 It hugs my hips (but not too tightly!) so it gives me a little bit of shape.; #3 It's black -- minus 2 pounds right away there; #4 It's from Platinum Mall hence it's super cheap!; #5 It can be worn many ways (more about that on future posts).  Meanwhile, here's a closer look at the necklace.

a
a
It actually comes with a floral corsage and another necklace with smaller glass beads, but I only like this one so I took the others off.  I love how the beads look like glass but they're actually plastic.  I love the rose beads too.  This is a long necklace, worn around the neck twice to make it shorter and chunkier.
a
a
P.S When I picked up Aly from school today, she asked me why I look slimmer.  My fat dress works!  Haha!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment