Friday, January 14, 2011

How My 7-Year Old Taught Me To Dress Up More

There was at time when I picked up Aly from school wearing jogging pants, a decent shirt and flip flops.  My daughter didn't seem to like it because she asked me why I was wearing pambahay (house clothes) that day.  I was too lazy to dress up!  Besides, I didn't go anywhere; I just stayed home so I didn't see the point in dressing up.  But that single statement from my daughter really got to me.  I thought I looked ok, but my seven-year old thought otherwise.  Yeah, I know she didn't really mean anything bad -- it was an innocent remark, but let's face it: kids don't lie.  Lesson learned: wear something nicER!  I don't really go out everyday; I usually just stay at home.  But even if I'm just chilling at home, I should still put in more effort into dressing up.  Think Carrie in Sex and the City2 where she's wearing heels even  at home.  Ok, maybe I don't really need to wear heels at home, but you get the point?  Sooo,  I'm going to make a bold move by sharing photos of my outfits.  
a
a
This is what I wore yesterday:
a
a
Black dress from Platinum Mall -- a steal for only Thb100 (Php150)
 Black slip-on wedges from Charles & Keith
Statement necklace by KIMV (that's me!)
a
a
Aly liked it! When she saw me, she asked, "why are you wearing something special today, mommy?"  Heehee!  I told her that I just wanted to look good.  It didn't hurt too that I got a few compliments from the mommies.  That made me feel good :)  It was encouraging as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment