Thursday, January 13, 2011

Change Starts Now

An attempt to make a self portrait via mirrror.  I think I need more practice!
a
a
I know I said that I don't make new year's resolutions but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take it back because for 2011, I'm going to make one and that would be to put more effort into how I look everyday.  Yes, the 2011 version of me will be better-dressed and better-looking because this is the year where you'll see me go from drab to fab :)
a
a
My friend Fides, who is also a mommy, told me once that you need to take care of yourself in order for you to take care of your family.  I'm hoping that this online journal will inspire other housewives and stay-at-home moms like me.  I'm not a fashion expert and I don't have a closet that's to-die-for.  I'm just a devoted wife and mom who wants to avoid being losyang*.  Just like all women out there, I feel more confident when I think I look nice.  And just like other women out there, I too, feel that I can conquer the world when I'm walking in 3-inch heels.
a
a
To my fellow mommies and wifeys, let's conquer the world!  Change starts now -- the domestic goddess way :)
a
a
Filipino term for unglamorous women.  Losyang also pertains to housewives who seem to have lost their beauty and appeal, either from being overworked or simple because they just started to care less about their appearance
a
a

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pat! Gone are the days when I'd bring Aly to school in my pajamas (remember in Kidcore?). Ayaw ni Aly. Haha!

    I have to thank you too for letting me in on the uso stuff. You're my fashion guru :)

    ReplyDelete